Thursday, January 13, 2011

Kriegshog S/T

ARTIST: Kriegshog
ALBUM: SELF TITLED
RELEASE DATE: 2010?
7.3/10




I asked a friend of mine to send me something to listen to so I can review it. I was told to check Kriegshog out, so with no prior knowledge of anything this band has done I checked it out.

The album starts off with a nightmare, literally. The first song is called nightmare and it sure does sound like what somebody in an asylum may be dreaming. Really set the tone for the record.

I was concerned when I saw one of the tracks was longer than 3 minutes.
They must have already sold out....


I'll be the first to admit that this kind of punk is not always my cup of tea. Sometimes I zone out on it. Too fast, too much going on in a song, etc. What sets these guys aside to me is that while I may zone out on it, it pulls me back in for just an over the top crazy aggressive part of a song. Its like trying to not listen to a friend tell a really bad story, but it takes a dark turn and youre suddenly drawn into the story, or in this case the record.

Fans of Cult ritual and Acid reflux are in for a treat, this is for sure one of the most intense hardcore punk records I've heard in a while.

For people that typically dont listen to this kind of music, keep this in mind:

Most things we listen to have structure, emotions, melody, and feelings.

This band has no structure, but you know they are mad about something. I personally cant understand what hes saying, I didnt look up lyrics. But sometimes in our darkest, most pissed off moments the songs we know words to really arent angry enough. So if you find yourself on the road, and you are feeling pissed but dont know why, I suggest this record to you.

At the very least, you will probably piss off anybody stuck in rush hour traffic.

No comments: